ForTec Medical, a leading national medical outsourcing company, has been the trusted provider of innovative, mobile medical technology for 25 years. Through our convenient mobile outsourcing solution, laser service and repair and laser fibers and accessories, ForTec helps medical organizations eliminate the costs associated with expensive service contracts and maintenance issues while providing access to high end medical technology and trained personnel.
Due to our growth, we are seeking an experienced Safety and Compliance Manager. This position is based out of our Streetsboro office, which is a convenient location just off Route 480 and the Ohio Turnpike, and easily accessible from any direction.
· Develops, implements, and leads a proactive comprehensive workplace safety and compliance program responsive to Company safety trends and regulatory requirements.
· Reviews existing safety and compliance policies and procedures with regards to equipment, vehicles, buildings and employees and makes effective recommendations for amendments and new policies and procedures
· Partners with management regarding Company’s current state of risk management, regulatory compliance and emerging concerns
· Establishes goals for improved safety and compliance, and reports progress regularly
· Collaborates with Training Manager to ensure seamless approach to safety and compliance training across functions
· Regularly audits Company’s compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations, reporting non-compliance and recommended solutions based on established procedures.
· Audits maintenance and inspection processes regarding Company facilities and vehicles, presents recommendations and solutions to prevent and/or correct accident and health hazards, and follows up to ensure implementation.
· Serves as first responder to accidents and injuries. Leads all investigations and serves as the liaison for all involved parties.
· Serves as Company’s representative as to safety and compliance issues as they relate to insurance, workers’ compensation, and OSHA.
· Represents the Company in dealing with government regulators as to routine safety and compliance-related issues and is the liaison for scheduling required inspections.
· Monitors and audits Company’s compliance with ForTec’s Code of Ethics with current and potential customers, reporting non-compliance as needed based on established procedures.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Human Resources, or related field
· 3-5 years previous experience in developing and implementing comprehensive safety programs in a multi-state environment
· Strong knowledge of state and federal environmental, health and safety laws
· Strong collaborator with proven ability to drive results through others and influence change
· Proven ability to think strategically while identifying and solving day-to-day challenges
· Ability to analyze, define, diagnose and resolve problems effectively and timely
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
· Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
· Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required
At ForTec we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, paid time off, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, and a dynamic and fun corporate culture.
For an opportunity to work with a nationally recognized, growing medical organization, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
ForTec Medical - 2 years ago