- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Alltech safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Oversee incident investigation process.
- Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
- First Aid/CPR Responders/ ERT
- Ability to work and be flexible and available for on call hours before and/or after normal business hours in addition to off-shift hours as required
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Please email resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
- BS degree in safety/environmental science or related technical discipline.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be well organized to handle numerous tasks and be able to work with a variety of people with varying backgrounds and job functions.
- Must demonstrate computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not essential.
Alltech Nutrition - 15 months ago