We are currently seeking a confident, trustworthy, professional to employ as our Safety Coordinator. This person is responsible for promoting safety, security, and wellness within LCS, managed and equity communities, and home health offices. Coordinates the development and maintenance of safe environments for employees, residents, clients, visitors and other invitees. He/she is a resource to field personnel for the achievement of corporate safety and wellness goals. This position primarily focuses on accident prevention but also involves post-accident investigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Non-Essential Duties :
- Develop, coordinate and present training programs on health and safety related subjects.
- Work with communities and other business units in successfully applying safety related best practices.
- Ability to determine adequacy of hazard controls in all areas of coverage exposure through interview, on-site observations, loss/incident review, audits of existing safety programs and analysis of procedures.
- Review incident reports to determine if the root cause has been adequately identified and that the proposed corrective actions are adequate.
- Work with communities, health at home and other functional areas in identifying and developing corrective action plans for exposures which may cause injury or loss.
- Back-up chair of the home office safety committee.
- Contributor to safety newsletters.
- Familiarity with the workers’ compensation process.
- Solid skills with Microsoft products.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills. Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- This position requires frequent overnight travel, up to 75%.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety or related field of study and 3-5 years professional experience in the field of safety and health.
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and requirements. Knowledge of NFPA and Life Safety Code desired.
LCS - 10 months ago
Based in Des Moines, Iowa and established in 1971, LCS™ is a leading provider of high-quality senior lifestyle products and services....