Responsible for coordinating and administering facility safety programs in accordance with established corporate, federal, state and local requirements under general supervision.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct routine plant safety inspections, schedule and conduct facility-wide safety meetings and quarterly Corporate Insurance safety inspections.
- Maintain plant safety records to include documents resulting from employee accidents and investigations.
- Complete and submit required corporate and government health and safety reports.
- Conduct and document safety incident investigations as directed by management.
- Conduct new employee workplace safety orientation.
- Provide direction to employees on workplace safety practices and procedures.
- Work with management team during the implementation of equipment to identify and remedy potential safety hazards.
- Complete special health and safety projects as assigned; i.e. emergency preparedness, special training activities, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience or knowledge. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and management in English and Spanish.
- Ability to prepare accurate technical reports; includes investigations working knowledge of standard word processing and spreadsheet software
- 2-4 years safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
OSI Group - 6 months ago
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...