JOB DESCRIPTION: SAFETY DIRECTOR
About My Client:
They are a rapidly growing, privately-held logistics company specializing in spotting trucks and short shuttles. They offer competitive pay and benefits plus a wealth of opportunities to the right candidate. They are looking for someone who is passionate about customer service, proactive about safety, and dedicated to excellence in all areas of our operations. If you can bring energy, commitment, and good judgment to the job, they’d like to meet you! The Safety field has become a growing & dynamic field as the value of a good Safety department is very important to all transportation companies from a cost, profit, productivity and legal standpoint. Your office will be based in the Indianapolis, IN area. Relocation assistance is available for this job opportunity.
- Guides and promotes employee safety performance by coaching and training on safety systems, policies and procedures, safety campaigns, and programs to eliminate, prevent or control injurious hazards, acts and behaviors.
- Fosters a safety culture within the organization.
- Conducts business unit assessments, inspections and audits to ensure compliance with regulatory, customer and company requirements. Partners with Operations to ensure that corrective and/or preventive measures are completed.
- Designs training for all levels of employees and ensures personnel training and corrective action follow-up are completed.
- Investigates, reports and records vehicle accidents, work-related injuries and incidents.
- Evaluates local management teams’ leadership of safety initiatives, customer service, and employee relations.
- Trains managers on FMCSA and DOT regulations, including hours of service, drug testing, fitness for duty, compliance files, etc.
- Assesses fleet issues and advises local management and corporate team on maintenance and repair matters.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
PAY / BENEFITS:
- Valid Class A Commercial Drivers License required
- Safety Manager Certification by a professional society preferred
- 5+ years of safety experience in trucking industry required
- Good interpersonal and management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 70% to visit over 30 sites
- Base Salary: $65K (TBD by salary history & experience)
- Bonus: up to 25%
- Company expense Account
- Company car w/ credit card
- Company health benefits for family (Med/Dental/Vision/life insurance/disability)
- 401K w/matching funds
- Relocation allowance available