Employer will not sponsor visas for position
CITGO Petroleum Corporation, a Delaware corporation with headquarters in Houston, Texas, refines, markets, and transports gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, and other petroleum-based industrial products. CITGO has 4,000 employees and is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. CITGO owns and operates three highly complex crude oil refineries in Lake Charles, La., Lemont, Ill., and Corpus Christi, Tx.. CITGO’s combined aggregate crude oil refining capacity of 749,000-bpd positions it as one of the largest refiners in the nation.
Entry level duties include:
- Provide engineering support to refinery on all capital and routine projects for safety and loss control issues. Identify hazards introduced through the projects by experience and knowledge of codes and standards or by getting advice of other safety department personnel.
- Responsible for proposing safeguards to identified hazards and working with engineering groups to specify necessary safety and fire equipment
- Work with element owners to continually improve the facility’s Process Safety Management Programs
- Participate in Project Hazard Analysis and Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Develop direction for Loss Control Program. Work with insurance broker & corporate risk consultants to conduct loss control analysis for the refinery processes, conduct risk control analysis to identify projects with the greatest cost benefit for potential loss reduction.
- Project Manager for small safety and capital projects. Develop AFE’s (Authorization for Expenditure), project design basis, detailed engineering documents, and project execution plan as necessary for project. Manage the project to ensure design is implemented per the execution plan and within budget.
- Monitor operating condition of fire water system pressure and pump operations to assure reliable operations. Communicate to the firewater system stakeholders when necessary (Praxair/Lake Charles Pipeline). Responsible for reviewing preventative maintenance programs for the prevention of failure on demand for safety/firewater systems.
- Oversee all facility siting issues
- Support Safety Instrumented System development for refinery
CITGO’s Attractive Benefits:
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan
- Pension Plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- 9/80 Work Schedule
- Bachelors degree in Safety Engineering or related degree
- 0-3 years of safety engineering or related experience preferred
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (A=4.0) (Must provide diploma and proof of current GPA at time of hire to verify eligibility requirements are met)
- Co-Op/Internship experience preferred
- Valid driver's license
The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a
TWIC card http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/immigration_eligibility.pdf
To obtain more information on the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), please visit the Transportation Security Administration’s website
(Equal Opportunity Employer)
CITGO Petroleum Corporation - 17 months ago
From the get-go CITGO Petroleum has been refining and marketing petroleum products, including jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oils, and...