Carlisle Construction Materials Incorporated, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an immediate opening for a QA/Safety Engineer, at its upcoming state of the art Hunter Panels facility in Montgomery, New York. This position will initially be based in the present Kingston, NY plant. Main duties include being responsible for both the QA lab activities and plant safety programs. This position will be directly responsible for the implementation, maintenance and continuance of the facilities safety, health policies and procedures. The QA responsibilities will include overseeing the QA lab and its technicians ensuring both product adherence to specification along with collecting and interpreting lab driven data in support of both Operations and R&D.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Tasks Include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the safety program and initiate steps to improve the plant safety level.
- Maintain all OSHA, PSM/RMP compliance record keeping in coordination with Document Control/Office Assistant, including refresher training requirements
- Review and update the safety policies and procedures in accordance with company goals and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Perform all new employee and refresher training based on OSHA and PSM/RMP programs.
- Maintain the OSHA 300 and other applicable logs
- Act as liaison between management and outside regulatory agencies in accordance with company policy and statutory guidelines.
- Chair the Safety Committee.
- Maintain all weekly, monthly and yearly safety inspections.
- Maintain the MSDS log book.
- Maintain the PSM/RMP program ensuring all daily, weekly, monthly tasks and training are performed.
- Managing the day to day QA lab activities
- Reviewing and analyzing QA data and reviewing with the Production Manager.
- Working with R&D and Production Manager to identify and resolve quality issues and/or complaints.
- Managing all required test equipment calibration with applicable vendors.
- Plant Liaison for both FM and UL auditors.
- Support all COS initiatives
Candidates must have a minimum of three (3) years’ related experience in a QA/safety role within a manufacturing/industrial environment. Previous supervisory experience is required.A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred, Associates degree required.
Carlisle Construction Materials Incorporated offers a competitive benefits package which includes 401k, medical/dental/prescription drug, life insurance, flex spending, holiday and vacation pay.
Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM) is a diversified manufacturer and supplier of premium building products for the commercial and...