DISH’s Equipment Remanufacturing team ensures the high quality condition of millions of satellite receivers and remote controls. State-of-the-art facilities in El Paso, TX, Spartanburg, SC, and Englewood, CO, use advanced diagnostic tools and automated equipment to test, refurbish and redistribute hardware to customers.
The Safety Engineer applies safety engineering principles for the design, implementation, and review of systems, and equipment within our Remanufacturing environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
- Application of work place and equipment design for ergonomic and bio-mechanical fit between people and equipment.
- Strong emphasis on physiological and bio-mechanical aspects of design.
- Maintain safety requirements of operations.
- Assess current operational processes and identify proper safety requirements and ergonomic work cell design.
- Provide recommendations for improvement and assist in the implementation of solutions.
- Provide recommendations to conform to OSHA standards.
- Apply safety engineering principles and methods to preventively eliminate or control hazards during the design phase of automation equipment and process development.
- Develop safety programs that will continuously reduce unsafe conditions and risk.
- Develop programs that will ensure safety and OSHA compliance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s of science in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering with a focus on Safety and Ergonomics from an accredited university.
- Two to three years of experience as safety engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of ergonomic principles and review.
- Basic knowledge and experience in electrical and mechanical design.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws, regulations, and requirements is a plus.
DISH - 18 months ago
Real Opportunity. Everyday
DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in...