Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) has an opening for a Safety Engineer in our Corona, CA facility.
In this position you will be responsible for the development of Safety programs to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations. You will develop compliant activities including process safety management, process hazard/risk analysis, ergonomic evaluations, industrial air and noise monitoring, OSHA VPP certification activities, emergency management and other risk reduction activities. You will develop and administer related training programs and record keeping systems across the organization. This position reports directly to the Safety Manager.
- BS in Health & Safety Management or related degree
- 8 to 10 yrs of related experience
- Strong attention to detail and focus on data integrity, high proficiency in reporting and data analysis.
- Must have keen influencing skills with ability to hold individuals accountable.
- Experience developing and executing job safety analysis and implementing behavioral-based safety best practices.
- Experience processing Worker's Compensation claims
- Ability to collaborate and establish strong working relationships with professional organizations and industry peers. Maintaining "best in industry" knowledge of safety best practices, trends, and industry standards.
- Experience with OSHA is desired.
- Prior experience in a high risk/heavy manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills and experience
- Spanish is a plus
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, Takamine®, Guild®, EVH®, Ovation®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com .
KMCMusicorp, a division of FMIC, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of musical instruments, accessories and stage lighting equipment, whose brands include Gretsch® Drums, Gibraltar® Hardware, Latin Percussion®, Toca® Percussion, Sabian® cymbals and MBT™ Lighting, among others. For more information, visit www.kmcmusicorp.com .
FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation - 16 months ago