experiences, and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving our business objectives. This position is responsible for performing electrical testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other International product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients.
• Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, conduct on and off site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s). To do this, Engineer must:
• Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test);
• Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions;
• Validate the project scope and sample applicability;
• Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing;
• Follow established test plan;
• Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed;
• Conduct thorough construction review; document results;
• Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests include, but are not limited to: rating, leakage current, dielectric, temperature, pressure, stability, mechanical hazard, flammability, abnormal and fault insurance, rain, radiation, sound, laser.
• Complete preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off site.
• Develop and set up test plans.
• Set up and operate standard test equipment including, but not limited to, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multi-meter, dielectric strength tester, ground continuity tester, digital multi-meter, surge generator, over-voltage tester, environmental condition chamber, articulated probes. Use hand tools to build/calibrate test fixtures.
• Following sample handling procedures, ensure that sample is logged into and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
• Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and type final report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
• Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
• Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
• Perform other work as required
• Bachelors degree in engineering
• 0-2 years directly related experience
• Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other International product safety standards, i.e., ANSI, CSA, UL, EN, IEC is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Prior project management experience is a plus
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
• Microsoft Office expertise
• Ability to travel as business needs dictate
Intertek offers a culture where motivated and customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...