Health & Safety / Homeland Security
Interest Sub Category:
Health & Safety (ES&H)
Job Title :
Type of Position:
•Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Fire Safety, Environmental or Occupational Safety or equivalent
•OSHA 30 hour certificate, Certified Safety Professional
•Minimum 10 years of practicing safety management techniques in the construction industry or railroad experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The Infrastructure & Environmental Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Project Controls Manager for immediate employment in the New York office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Project Controls specific to Mass Transit Rail Construction Program and Construction Management. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
Reporting directly to the MTACC Asst. Chief of Safety and Security, the responsibilities of this position are:
• Supports safety management construction protocols
• Liaises with multiple contractors on safety aspects of contract
• Conducts routine field inspections and assessments to ascertain compliance with contractor safe work and health and safety plans.
• Conducts task analysis as part of assessment to determine adequacy of controls for identified hazards provided by contractor.
• Participates in joint hazard assessments with the MTACC and first responder community (NYPD/FDNY, etc.) to address identified issues pertaining to adherence to safety work plans, life safety and physical security.
• Provides training to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE), or other subjects germane to the safety function as deemed necessary.
• Provides briefings to MTACC management and other regulatory entities on behalf of the safety function.
• Investigates personal injury, property damage and near-miss accidents.
• Completes accident investigations and worker compensation reporting.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...