Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. The Engineering and Science Contract Group (ESCG) segment of Jacobs Technology partners with six teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Safety and Environmental Health Engineer, with Barrios Technology, an ESCG teammate company.
The Safety and Environmental Health Engineer will:
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), Johnson Space Center (JSC), and State and local requirements.
- Act as a mentor to management and employees, assist in procedure development, and review technical documents to ensure requirements are met.
- Conduct compliance audits to ensure organizational compliance.
- Provide guidance to operations as it applies to operational solutions to ensure safe, environmentally friendly work practices are implemented.
- Conduct OSHA/EPA training.
- Develop test safety documents and hazard analysis as it pertains to facility safety.
- Participate in test and facility reviews.
- Perform trade off studies, analysis, and systems interfacing, as well as performance and coordination of analysis, testing and verification efforts.
- Independently analyze and recommend safety criteria surrounding system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- Create hazard analysis for facility hardware used in support of flight hardware testing using analytical techniques to include Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Develop hazard controls and verifications based on hazards identified.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 5 years experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office required.
Why Work for ESCG?
- Prefer Bachelor’s in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Engineering or Mechanical Engineering and 5-8 years of direct safety experience.
- Experience with Incident Injury Free and Behavior Safety techniques.
- Professional Certification desired: Certified Safety Professional, Associate Safety Professional, and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! ( www.wehavespaceforyou.com )
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Much, much more!
- Must meet eligibility requirements to receive and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the eligibility requirements to receive and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Tybrin Corporation - 8 months ago
Jacobs Technology (formerly Jacobs Sverdrup), which handles the technology business of Jacobs Engineering Group, designs and oversees the co...