Job Posting Title Safety Intern Reference Code EXT-NB00000650-E-01 Company Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify. Department Kiewit Power Constructors Tasks Safety Intern will help conduct training, new hire orientation and Safety Meetings. Will learn how to be responsible for monitoring all construction work for compliance with safety requirements. The position reports to the Project Safety Manager. Requirements Working toward an undergraduate degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent degree/work experience.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Knowledge of construction safety and current Federal and OSHA requirements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong organization/time management skills.
- Strong work ethic. Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
Employment Type Full-Time City Lenexa
Kiewit Corporation - 2 years ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...