Work at MEMIC
Job Location: Portland, ME
- Job Openings
- Safety Management Consultant
MEMIC, a national leader in worker's compensation insurance, an AM BEST (A) rated company is seeking a Safety Management Consultant to service the needs of our customers in the Syracus, NY area.
This individual provides efficient and effective safety consulting services to the customers in accordance with department and company policies and procedures.
- Identify, assess and evaluate health and safety exposures and hazards at client companies throughout New England.
- Making appointments and setting a schedule, physical field assessments and consultation for initial and prospective customers. Document exposures and their control or lack thereof, providing appropriate action steps needed to improve the risk. Reports provided to agents, customers and internal uses. Follow-up on action plans through revisits for the consultation and training process and building strong business relations.
- Building positive relationships with customers, agents, and internal departments such as Claims and Underwriting through clear written and oral communications.
- Adhering to Department and Company Performance Standards.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering or similar technical field or equivalent in education and experience.
- A proven track record of effective performance in the field of specialization is critical to the success of the consultant and the customer.
- Designations relevant to the field of specialization are preferred and strongly encouraged; i.e., CSP, COHN, MS Degree in specialty, Certified OSHA instructor, CLP Certificate in specialty, etc.
Apply online or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also call 1-800-660-1306.