Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Leadership Team as our Site Safety Manager.
The Site Safety Manager is an active member of the Operations team, driving and supporting cross-group initiatives and is accountable for all Safety functions within the facility.
• Ensure compliance to federal and state law as it applies to Life Safety, Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, Fire Prevention, Emergency Procedures and Evacuation, and other programs as described in 29 CFR.
• Develop prevention programs impacting accident trends and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
• Develop, implement, and maintain critical safety training such as Powered Industrial Trucks and ergonomic programs to meet the needs of managers and associates.
• Accurately report daily metrics to management team.
• Maintain required paperwork such as OSHA 300 logs in compliance with federal law.
• Develop a positive working relationship with local the Fire Marshal, OSHA, and other state and local authorities as needed.
• Build management and employee commitment for a Safety program through influence not authority.
• Review SOP changes and make safety recommendations.
• Manage and develop a multiple shift safety support team.
• Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
• 3+ years of work experience in a similar role
• Experience with OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
• Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people.
• Experience leading change in a single or multi site environment.
• Experience managing multiple direct reports.
• Microsoft Office experience
• Candidates must be flexible regarding shifts.
• Experience in a VPP site or developing a VPP program
• Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety preferred
• Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focused skills
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...