Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Pork’s commitment to providing the best, most wholesome pork products for our customers and consumers has been founded in industry-leading animal welfare and processing practices as well as innovation in our product and brand offerings. We are proud to partner and serve esteemed brands like Excel
fresh meats, Good Nature
pork, Sterling Silver
premium meats, Rumba
meats and Tender Choice
pork for a multitude of commercial, retail and foodservice customers. Together as Cargill Pork, we create potential for customers and communities.
Cargill Pork has an opportunity available for
. The safety manager will have strong skills in designing, implementing and maintaining comprehensive safety processes, management systems and Ergonomics. Lead cross functional concerted effort to reduce injuries and illnesses in a manufacturing environment. Focused team player with proven liaison, coordination and communication skills. Current in OSHA/MoL regulations. Proven track record of success with union workforces.
The safety manager will also be responsible for implementing policy, providing guidance and interpretation of Safety rules, regulations and policy. Providing auditing service to maintain the consistent application of Safety processes in the plant. Manages activities of Regulatory Safety Manager and others in the Safety Department.
- 30%- Reviews the site practices and conditions on a consistent basis for implementation of policies and procedures
- 20%- Interaction with hourly emplotees to support the safety processes
- 15%- Interaction with senior operations and engineering managers to provide support for safety related issues
- 15%- Hazard identification/Risk reduction activities
- 10%- Manage activities and personnel of safety department
- 10%- Provide coaching and training to employees at all levels of the organization
- Occasional Travel
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Bachelor of Science degree required examples include but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or science degrees
- Minimum of 5 years of Safety Management Experience with escalating levels of responsibility
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations and requirements; plant systems and operations. Demonstrated team building skills and influencing others
- Skills must include use of Microsoft Office software and ability to learn Cargill specific applications including PHA Pro, JHA Pro, and other function specific applications
- Strong presentation/public speaking skills
- Solid Leadership skills and the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal English
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Occupational Health and Safety Institute Training
- Fluency in either Spanish or French
- Previous experience in the meat industry
Cargill - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...