Generates, implements and oversees all aspects of the Plant Safety Plan; Develops, implements and continuously improves a Safety Management System consistent with recognized management system standards; Implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal occupational safety and health regulations; Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in safe work practices. Works to ensure that health and safety goals established for the Plant are regularly achieved or exceeded; Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and drives changes to prevent recurrence; Analyzes accident causes and industrial hazards for continuous improvement; Coordinates correspondence between the Plant and applicable regulatory agencies (OSHA, ODH, etc.) and insurance representatives; Oversees audits conducted by those groups; Coordinates site security including oversight of a third party security firm; Works closely with all members of the Human Resources team to ensure accurate reporting and investigations for management of workers compensation cases; Conducts exposure assessments for noise and other workplace exposures; Provides health and safety support for regional distribution centers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with related experience and training or a minimum of five years experience in a health and safety role
- Candidate must have the proven ability to drive change
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7 and work abnormal hours as needed
- Management experience preferred
- CSP certification a plus
- Radiation safety experience a plus
- Black Belt or Green Belt certification desired
- Minimal travel (10%) required
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company - 22 months ago
Cooper Tire & Rubber is a real wheeler dealer. The company is the fourth-largest tire manufacturer in North America (behind the likes...