TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Safety Manager to join our team in Houston.
Job Description: The Safety Manager oversees Environment Safety and Health as relates to TransCore operations. Writes and implements new safety programs to help ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations. Keeps upper management informed of safety and health problems, and works to find solutions to problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and interprets state and federal regulations and safety codes as they pertain to TransCore to ensure workplace safety compliance (i.e. OSHA)
- Develops and publishes environment/safety/health procedures and policies and ensures maximum involvement by employees at all levels
- Compiles safety statistics, investigates hazards and recommends corrective action to minimize on-the job incidents and accidents
- Performs on-site safety evaluations
- Develops, coordinates and tracks safety training for TransCore employees to ensure that all employees are trained and that safety policies are integrated into all day-to-day activities
- Reviews requests for proposals and other bid documents to ensure safety compliance and communicates TransCore safety and environmental programs and results to customers who require that information
- Compiles answers to contract/subcontract/insurance/environment/health/safety questionnaires
Education : Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in safety or a related field from four-year college or university.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- OSHA 30 hour Certification
- OSHA Outreach Training Certificate
- Certified Safety Professional
TransCore - 21 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...