Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Safety Manager provides professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of environmental health and safety programs. The Safety Manager is responsible for the overall development, coordination and implementation of environmental health and safety programs across all business units at Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. The Safety Manager ensures organizational safety compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all business units are in compliance with Yusen Logistics’ Global Safety Policy and all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety.
- Design and implement OSHA program guidelines according to federal labor laws, OSHA regulations and safety needs of the organization. Ensure a proper OSHA record management system is implemented and maintained. Complete and/or oversee management of all required OSHA reports.
- Review safety policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate, conduct hazard and risk assessments and develop new or, where necessary make recommendations to senior management to amend safety policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze ongoing safety programs, conduct periodic evaluations and provide safety statistics and performance metrics.
- Analyze accident statistics and develop an accident investigation program to prevent recurrence of incidents. Ensure information on incidents is shared adequately across all locations. Conduct (or coordinate) on site reviews of accident scenes, collect pertinent data and information; interview involved parties/witnesses; document and report findings.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the knowledge and skill of the facility managers/supervisors to improve systems and positively impact the safe operations of the business. Provide technical advice, guidance, and mentoring on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Liaise with safety coordinators across the organization to develop business-unit specific safety policies, to address workers compensation issues with a focus towards prevention and to identify training needs and customize training.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement annual safety training programs for all YLA business units.
- Maintain and update emergency response plans and procedures.
- Promote safety awareness in the organization.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferably in Occupational Safety or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of four years of directly related experience in environmental health and safety compliance is required. Experience in OSHA safety inspections, accident investigations and knowledge of state and federal safety codes is a must.
Comprehensive knowledge of government regulations/code compliance, including CalOSHA, and relevant regulations and state laws is preferred. Prior experience in the logistics supply chain, trans-loading, warehousing, freight forwarding business is preferred.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 17 months ago