PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Safety Manager for PRIDE’s Custodial Sites and will be based in Los Angeles, CA with travel to other national and regional locations.
This position ensures safety and environmental programs are followed on PRIDE’s custodial contracts. Knowledge of occupational safety, health, hazardous materials and environmental practices, policies and procedures with the ability to resolve routine to complex safety/health and environmental issues specific to custodial operations are required. This includes training others in ergonomics, safe workplace practices as well as performing worksite inspections at custodial locations and designing initiatives to control, eliminate and prevent incidents, injuries and disease caused by chemical, physical, and/or biological agents.
Responsibilities and experience includes but may not be limited to the following:
• Perform safety inspections and develop corrective action plans
• Assist in developing, implementing and promoting safety programs
• Ensure compliance with governmental regulatory agencies
• Make recommendations & prepare materials for safety solutions
• Develop and provide training in safe work practices, ergonomics, health and environmental practices
• Create, evaluate and educate employee on Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) and ensure JSA’s are current and effectively identify potential hazards
• Evaluate and educate employees in the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), shelf stocking equipment and cleaning tool use
• Maintain safety and training records and training requirements
• Perform investigation of all incidents, injuries, and collisions. Determine root cause and determine corrective action for preventing recurrence
• Review reports & safety correspondence for accuracy
• Provide reports and advice to management regarding accidents and injuries
• Transport and accompany injured employees to medical facility for treatment
• Participate and provide reports/presentations in various meetings
• 5+ years with OSHA 10, CPR/First Aid, EPA, HAZWOPER certifications
• 3+ years working knowledge with applicable state and federal agencies
• MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and database computer software skills
• Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance
• BA/BS in Environmental Health/Safety, Safety Science or related field or comparable work experience and formal education
Bi-Lingual English/Spanish required
The qualified candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to make presentations and develop written reports as well as to interact with internal staff members, clients and perspective business partners. A background in custodial maintenance and/or building facilities safety programs ideal. Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
PRIDE Industries provides outstanding benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, vacation and sick pay as well as a competitive salary. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply on-line at www.prideindustries.com. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries - 16 months ago
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...