Under the direction of the Manager of Medicare Inside Sales, this position focuses on retention and performs a variety of functions relating to and resulting in meeting or exceeding the retention and sales goals for the Safety Net division throughout all regions. Representative must follow the guidelines set forth by the Safety Net and Government Programs division and New York State Department of Health.
• Responsible for meeting/exceeding monthly sales targets/quotas for retaining membership into the Safety Net and State Government Programs products.
• Interviews member in person or by phone to insure member is retained in the Safety Net programs. This would include but is not limited to annual recertification, cancellation for nonpayment, temporary enrollment, along with Presumptive enrollment, and children aging out of MA and CHPs programs.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date knowledge of all Safety Net and State Government Programs products, regulations and possesses the ability to communicate to members and prospective members in a clear and concise manner to ensure understanding of the products. Including but not limited to competitive plans, health care financing and delivery systems, NYSDOH requirements, trends and concepts that impact managed health care.
• Ensures departmental as well as individual goals are met relative to the sales call center.
• Uses GoldSNAP technology to document all prospective member contacts and member contacts with the department utilizing the appropriate tracking system.
• Identifies trends, recommends solutions and assists in the implementation of process improvements.
• Secondary responsibility as needed- Assists with all program enrollment functions including scheduling FE appointments, screening for eligibility, answering inbound Sales calls, submitting information request via system.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Associates degree in relevant field with a minimum of two year’s experience in telephone sales, retention and/or customer service of equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong Sales skills.
• Medical terminology desirable.
• Strong keyboarding and computer skills are required.
• Complete and thorough understanding of all applications/subscriber agreements, regulations, marketing materials, and programs.
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of customers in an empathetic and professional manner and take responsibility for conflict resolution.
• Demonstrates the primary goal of customer satisfaction through positive interactions with applicants, members, and colleagues in a respectful, courteous, confidential and caring manner.
• Adheres to call unit, divisional and plan-wide policies with regard to customer service and patient confidentiality.
• Good reasoning and organizational skills required.
• Strong verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to be an effective team player.
• Bilingual Skills helpful
In support of the American with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Univera Healthcare - 22 months ago