Conducts mid-level to complex health and safety assignments and, depending on assignment, environmental management assignments for the facility under general supervision. May direct or lead the work of others from time-to-time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
May perform some or all of the following depending on assignment:
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Ensures a safe environment for employees and the general public
- Conducts safety meetings
- Promotes public awareness (pipeline safety meetings)
- Provides deployment and training drills, as well as other department training
- Maintains compliance regulations, issues hot work and confined space permits and constantly deals with regulatory issues
- Maintains close contact with assigned areas and locations resolving safety sensitive issues
- Adheres to strict action plans for changes and implementations
- Provides safety coverage for others as needed
- Attends Safety meetings, training programs, safety reviews and other meetings as needed to remain current on any changes or upgrades
- Develops, updates and maintains training program, liaising with appropriate staff and management and ensuring all required periodic certifications are maintained including recordkeeping
- Makes recommendations regarding ongoing training needs of operations staff
- Coordinates emergency response teams for the facility
- Coordinates annual safety and fire inspections
- Develops safety policies and procedures
- Provides consultation and recommendations for safety, fire protection and emergency response issues
- Provides general Plant Safety support for the Refinery
- Conducts safety training and assist management with training needs
- Surveys compliance to Policy and Procedures relating to safety and implements policies and procedures for compliance with OSHA regulations
- Assists field management with loss control efforts including hazard assessment and control, compliance assessments and establishment of behavioral safety systems
- Provides Safety Hazard input to HAZOP studies
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of 3 years of on the job experience with 5 years of experience working in a refinery or related oil and gas industry field are required.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required or the equivalent years of experience in lieu of the degree (4 years in addition to the experience requirement) required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
Depending on location, specialized training in Industrial Fire Fighting; High Angle Rescue; Hazmat; and EMT,Certifications in CSP, PE, CIH, Hazard Assessment, Air Monitoring, Workers Compensation, Radiation Safety and HAZWOPER.
Intermediate knowledge of occupational safety and industrial hygiene, and ability to apply this knowledge. Understanding of Safety Practices basics and application of Safety Policies, and Procedures for field activities.
Specialized knowledge and ability to understand and interpret OSHA regulations as it applies to the Oil & Gas Industry. Advanced reading and writing skills and the ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations required. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel,Powerpoint and Outlook. Demonstrated ability to stand firm on doing the job Safe if challenged, but act in a diplomatic manner.
Strong time management.
May lead and direct the work of others from time-to-time.
Office, field and/or refinery based with travel up to 30% of the time required. Outdoor duties under wet and/or oil contaminated conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions. Industrial environment, including, but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks and rotating equipment.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspection, making precise hand & finger movements, reaching and grasping, lifting or carrying and pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs and climbing up to 50 ft, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance and the ability to wear personal protective equipment. Satisfactory completion of a comprehensive medical physical examination may be required in some locations.
Interested candidates should view and apply for current opportunities with HollyFrontier by visiting us at http://hollyfrontier.com/careers/
Application must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Monday, May 13 th , 2013.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer