- Serve as designated safety representative of assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Safety Program as directed by Safety Manager of the regional node.
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
- Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Facilitate incident investigation process.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics reporting to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems.
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon standards.
- Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
- Enter Safety Incident Information in Metrics database in a timely manner.
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
- Train and assist others (Area Managers, Safety Team Members, etc) to complete their Safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc).
- Perform Specific Safety Training as required by the Safety Manager.
Basic Qualifications • High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experienced in emergency response and be able to maintain current First aid and CPR certificates
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety related field
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues
- Experience with OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Experience in Worker’s Compensation case management
Amazon.com - 13 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...