For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Oil & Gas Jobs at CH2M HILL
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics, or fuel for a tractor on the farm, the bottom line is the world needs oil. The one resource has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas, to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group will serve an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Safety Specialist - Trainer jobs - Anchorage, AK
The challenge? Helping ensure the supply of our world's oil and gas. At CH2M HILL, we deliver solutions that span the entire breadth of the oil industry. Our Safety Specialist- Trainer job will provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and large scale oil and gas projects in Alaska. Each day you will be responsible for providing field and office training support, ensuring that the Safety Department provides the requisite assistance in support of the Corporate Safety Objectives. You should be a self-motivated, detail oriented professional with a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health, be a Safety in Motion Trainer with arctic experience and be interested in growing both personally and professionally with each new project.
Our Safety Specialist -Trainers :
- Administers safety training to new-hires and job-transfer personnel, ensuring contract required training is completed prior to personnel being dispatched to the job site
- Works closely with the training and recruiting department and field safety representatives in reviewing personnel training histories and scheduling required safety training classes
- Update personnel safety training histories in a computer database when necessary
- Trains personnel in proper safe working practices
- Plans and provides technical support for safety functions on Operations, Maintenance and construction projects.
- Stops work in imminent danger and recommends appropriate action
- Must demonstrate support for the company's environmental management system
CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (H1-B visa, etc) for this position.
No relocation assistance to Alaska will be provided.
- AA in Health and Safety or related field. Stong preference for graduates of ABET accredited programs.
- 4 years directly applicable experience
- Trainer, NSTC
- OSHA 10-hour Trainer
- BA/BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health or other related fields of study in Occupational Health, Environmental or Safety Sciences from an ABET accredited program strongly prefrerred. (e.g. Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, and Environmental Protection) is desired.
- Fall Protection Traininer
- Safety in Motion Trainer
- Decision Point Trainer
- First Aid/ CPR AED Trainer
- Safety experience in applicable industry, in or around hydrocarbon facilities, with arctic environment experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of the OSHA maintenance or construction standards as well as other federal, state and local laws and regulations preferred.
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At CH2M, we love to take on our clients' most complex infrastructure and natural resource problems, creating new pathways for human...