Identifies and anticipates hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Recommend protective equipment or safety devices for machines and redesign machines and plant equipment to eliminate occupational hazards.
· At times, lead incident and injury investigations.
· Develop and lead cross functional continuous improvement initiatives.
· Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures in both the safety and environmental space consistent with accepted industry principles and practices and recommend technical changes as needed.
· Develop a process that prepares documents and guidelines for programs to ensure individual and organizational compliance with relevant health and safety laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
· Conduct periodic safety inspections and audit facility and machine safety inspection reports.
· Perform proactive Job Hazards Analysis (JHA) targeting reduction in incidents, OSHA recordable injuries and lost time cases.
· Support the activities of unit managers to ensure consistency in implementation of the safety management system throughout the organization.
· Assist in the identification and development of job specific training related to S&E.
· Apply knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls, compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operation of machinery and equipment.
· Compiles, analyzes and interprets statistical data related to exposure factors monitoring data for trends.
Ensure that a safe environment is provided and maintained for all Loram employees.
Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention
Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Planning and Organizing:
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Major/Course of Study
Associates Degree (2 yr)
Bachelors Degree (4 yr)
Occupational Safety, and/or Industrial Hygiene
3 - 5 years
Relative safety experience.
3 - 5 years
OSHA knowledge and experience.
3 - 5 years
EPA regulation knowledge and experience.
DOT, FRA, ISO 14001, ANSI Z10 knowledge and experience.
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
Six Sigma (Preferred)
Obtain yellow, green, and/or black belt certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 30% or more travel including international, using any method of transportation.
· Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
· Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
· Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
· Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.