PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
ASSISTS IN ADMINISTERING COMPREHENSIVE PLANT SAFETY, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE ACTIVITIES AND ASSURES THOSE ACTIVITIES ARE CONSISTENT WITH COMPANY GUIDELINES AND COMPLY WITH GOVERNMENTAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- ASSISTS AND COORDINATES SAFETY AUDITS TO DETECT POTENTIAL HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS AND ASSUMES APPROPRIATE FOLLOW-UP ON UNSAFE CONDITIONS. CONSULT WITH SUPERVISORS AND RECOMMEND PREVENTIVE OR CORRECTIVE MEASURES RELATING TO PROCESS, MACHINERY, LAYOUT AND/OR PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT.
- MAINTAINS KNOWLEDGE OF AND ENSURES COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. MAINTAINS A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF PLANT PROCESS AND HIGH HAZARD JOB TASKS.
- PARTICIPATES IN ADMINISTRATING DISABILITY PROGRAMS, WORKER’S COMPENSATION PROGRAM, INVESTIGATES ACCIDENTS AND COLLECTS INFORMATION FOR CLAIMS MANAGEMENT. PROVIDES RECOMMENDED CORRECTIVE ACTIONS TO ACCIDENTS TO PREVENT REOCCURRENCE.
- CONDUCTS TRAINING OF NEW HIRES/CURRENT EMPLOYEES/CONTRACTORS ON PLANT HEALTH AND SAFETY AREAS. FOLLOWS-UP TO ENSURE TRAINING IS ADEQUATE AND UNDERSTOOD BY EMPLOYEES/CONTRACTORS.
- CORRELATES SAFETY ACTIVITIES WITH MEDICAL DEPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS.
- ASSIST IN CREATING SAFETY AWARENESS / SAFETY TRAINING TO PREVENT INJURIES.
- COORDINATES PLANT EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAMS.
- COORDINATES PLANT ERGONOMICS ACTIVITIES AND PLANT SAFETY / CIT TEAMS.
- ASSIST IN HR ACTIVITIES AS REQUIRED.
Qualifications & Skills
DEGREE PREFERRED. THREE PLUS YEARS OF SAFETY EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. ADMINISTRATIVE AND ORGANIZATIONAL ABILITY. GOOD WRITTEN AND ORAL SKILLS. WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ALL MICROSOFT PROGRAMS WHICH WILL REQUIRE SUCCESSFUL PASSING OF TESTS.
Additional PACCAR Website Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PACCAR Inc. - 16 months ago
Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your career? Find...