Take a look at the Red Wing Shoes video series.
Fit…It’s important in the shoes we make and in the people we hire. We have a long tradition (100 + years!) of making the most comfortable work and outdoor footwear. We’re poised for increased growth and we’re searching for some of the most talented professionals who will walk the exciting road with us.
It’s entrepreneurial spirit that started Red Wing Shoe Company and that same spirit spills out from our offices and facilities every day. We respect where we started and embrace new ideas that make us competitive in a global economy. We like to think outside the (shoe) box and value ideas and contributors who do the same. Is it time to try on something bigger where you'll have some room to grow?
Try this on for size:
We are looking for a Safety Speciialist to establish and promote safe working conditions and practices; develop accident prevention and loss control programs and design procedures for the evaluation of these programs. Direct environmental compliance programs related to hazardous wastes, air permitting, wastewater pretreatment and pollution control, and community right-to-know programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and direct company employee safety and health programs to reduce accidents and comply with applicable regulations for all Red Wing Shoe locations including S. B. Foot Tanning and company owned Retail Stores.
• Develop and direct safety programs for Red Wing shoe company fleet operations. This would include truck security, driving and operations related there to.
• Ensure all facilities comply with environmental regulations.
• Identify and appraise accident and loss producing conditions and practices with primary focus on controlling those conditions that have a cost impact to Workers Compensation and Fire Insurance Programs.
• Prepare environmental reports as required by Federal, State and Local governmental agencies
• Maintain compliance standards for the use of chemicals, i.e. labeling requirements, MSDS record keeping, proper disposal methods, etc.
• Monitor loss prevention and equipment inspections to ensure these are being conducted by all locations, as required by our property insurance carrier.
• Maintain the Safety Policy and Procedures manual, keep current and promote adherence of safety policies
• Identify and implement employee training programs involving accident investigations, back injury prevention, ergonomics, hazardous waste handling, Spill Prevention, control and countermeasure Plans, use of protective equipment and other Safety and Environmental training, etc.
• Plan and conduct, at least annually, facility safety inspections, fire and tornado drills.
• Coordinate and facilitate Safety Committee meetings as required by MN AWAIR law.
• Develop and implement Employee Safety Awareness Programs designed to promote safe working practices.
• Respond timely to questions / concerns related to employee safety and health.
• Assist subsidiary locations as needed to ensure compliance of OSHA regulations.
• Additional communications with employees through other channels of communication (i.e.; Shoe News, Retail News, Suggestion System, Bulletin Boards, New Employee Orientation and Training).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (following duties are required on all positions):
• Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
• Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
• Uphold Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values.
• Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
Internal: RWSC Employees, R.W. Dealers / Consumers / Customers
External: Insurance Brokers and Consultants, Vendors of Safety & Environmental services, local, state, and/or federal officials and boards.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and two to five years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) desirable
Strong and effective oral and written communications.
Knowledge of software technology.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations.
80% of time will be in manufacturing facility
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company Inc - 20 months ago