Provide assistance to the Manager of Safety Assurance Programs in the implementation and monitoring of system safety programs, procedures, regulations, and guidelines. Maintain safety management system database. Conduct inspections and investigations to identify hazards and assist in the development of action plans to eliminate or control hazards.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Maintain safety management system database.
2. Review and analyze incident data to identify trends. Prepare trend analysis reports.
3. Conduct and document safety inspection of District Facilities and rights-of-way to assure compliance with federal, state, and district safety/fire regulations and requirements.
4. Represent management on employee safety committees. Assist in the resolution of identified hazards.
5. Review incident data and assist in the investigation of incidents, hazardous conditions or unusual occurrences.
6. Assist in hazard resolution. Work with management to identify areas of concern and implement preventative measures.
7. Assist in the performance of safety risk assessments, such as Job Hazard Analyses.
8. Assist in coordination of special safety programs.
Associate's degree in safety, engineering, physical sciences, fire sciences, or related discipline.
Three years experience in the safety field, including facility inspections, data analysis, and accident investigations preferred.
Experience in transit operations and safety desired.
Intermediate skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, database applications and other software applications.
Or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
1. Basic knowledge of federal and state safety regulations.
2. Knowledge of applicable safety standards.
3. Demonstrated knowledge in the basics of safety principles.
4. Demonstrated ability to analyze safety data.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and the general public, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, the elderly, persons with disabilities and/or other vulnerable populations.
7. Ability to operate personal computer systems including Word, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrated proficiency to accurately keyboard (type).
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA:
Grade 11, Exempt, Non-Union.
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review/Resume & Cover Letter
2. Panel Interview
3. References & Degree Verification
It is your responsibility, and to your benefit, to describe in detail how your education, training and work experience meet the requirements of the position for which you are applying. If applicable, please provide at least ten years of your work history, including any volunteer and internship experience you may have. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and letters of recommendation with your application.
Online applications are permitted five attachments; however each attachment is limited to 5MB. Please include your attachments in the "Resume Attachment" section (please try to combine documents as much as possible). A second option for attaching multiple documents is to send them to email@example.com and we will attach them to your online application. You may also fax your materials to 503-962-3477 or 503-962-7440. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes will not be considered in lieu of a completed application.
To apply, please visit our website at http://trimet.org/careers
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we currently only contact applicants who are highly qualified and most closely match our job requirements.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans' preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and submit supporting documentation with your application by the closing date of this recruitment. Documentation must be attached to your application.
Persons needing an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process should contact TriMet Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 503-962-5811. A minimum of two workdays notice prior to the need for accommodation is required.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including the elderly and persons with disabilities.
TriMet - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -