Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. As we have expanded our expertise and service offerings, Panther has grown to include all types of ground, air, and ocean freight service. For more information about Panther visit www.pantherexpedite.com .
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
POSITION: Safety Supervisor
LOCATION: Seville, OH
REPORTS TO: Director of Safety
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The primary responsibility of the Safety Supervisor is to Supervise and monitor truck hours of service, hazardous material transportation, legal and safe transport of product by over the road commercial motor vehicles. Promote professional image to independent contractors and employees. Interact with Operations and safety departments to provide exceptional service to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
- Audit truck hours of service and take appropriate action when a load is compromised due to lack of hours to do load safely and legally.
- Monitor load activity and be proactive in notification of sufficient hours to complete loads safely while obeying all state and federal regulations.
- Ensure that all commodities on Panther expedited vehicles are compatible with safety, Panther, and State & Federal regulations
- Have knowledge of hazardous material placards, packaging, and segregation.
- Oversee the gathering of all documentation to ensure that the product is being shipped safely.
- Supervise the swapping of loads and assist swap desk with determining appropriate course of action.
- Ensure all federal regulations and Panther policies are followed after a reported accident or incident.
- Communicate with operations staff any and all information that effects load performance and delivery.
- Maintain confidentiality of legal and safety related information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Graduate
- Management experience is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- 5 years of experience with DOT and FMCSA regulations or related safety experience in commercial motor vehicle management.
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
- Be the direct contact for safety issues and questions for both drivers and owners
- Facilitate effective communication with operations and safety departments
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action to maintain customer satisfaction.
Panther Expedited Services - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of Premium Logistics® services including ground, air, ocean, and...