- Correlate, evaluate, review and have primary responsibility for the timely communication and appropriate actions, as stipulated by the Safety policies and Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for the overall CRST Malone fleet.
- Review and immediate respond to all fleet accidents and Department of Transportation (DOT), Out of Service and inspection reports, as received from the drivers and or requested from the appropriate State, for CRST Malone, tracking of log reports.
- Directly manage Safety Specialists, Safety Processor, and Log Audit positions and provide guidance and support to the team.
- Conduct introductory and annual performance evaluations and determine merit increases.
- Administer all disciplinary and performance corrective action as needed.
- Receive, review and code all accidents daily, investigating accidents, assigning defensive driving classes, counseling drivers about accidents, responding to serious accidents as they occur, managing alleged accident watch list, maintaining DOT register and DOT accident files.
- Manage the maintenance of the accuracy of the DOT SafeStat online profile, as investigated, challenge SafeStat inspections with the State that are assigned to and not represented as a driver or vehicle within the CRST fleet.
- Supervise review of all DOT inspections and motor vehicle citations as received on CRST drivers or equipment, assigning defensive driving classes, counseling drivers about inspections, tracking and recovering all missing inspections, awarding clean inspection bonuses, signing and mailing the inspections back to the appropriate State and providing management reporting of the all incidents.
- Monitor Record of Duty Status audits audit and corrections supervising the Safety Specialists – Record of Duty Status Auditors to ensure timely and accurate completion of directed log audits.
- Work with accident team to ensure all accidents are accounted for and properly documented.
- Upon review of findings of accidents and per policy make recommendations for termination and or cancellation of contract as needed.
- Monitor and maintain owner operator maintenance Recap program, ensuring proper receipt of all documentation and ensuring that Owner Operators are in compliance with the program.
- Manage DDC stops, communicating with operations and trainers to ensure drivers are routed in for their DDCs at terminals.
- Counsel drivers on hazmat related policies and procedures. Informing customer service of hazmat issues at shippers/customers.
- Assist with violation review form process; verify unreported information, counsel drivers if necessary.
- Review and address issues of compliance with the log auditors and other safety specialists with their responsibilities for such items as log questions, drug and alcohol confirmations, passenger program, road test, and compliance paperwork issues.
- Evaluate driving skills, and conduct training in tractor-trailer operations, DOT, safety and operational subjects such as hazmat and hours of service regulations. Additional duties include conducting the hiring process to insure all drivers meet and comply with D.O.T. regulations and company requirements. This individual will also train new drivers regarding company expectations, policies, and procedures.
Qualified candidates will have a four-year degree and at least two years prior safety experience in transportation. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary along with keen reasoning abilities. The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment drug screening and background check.