We are currently seeking a Safety and Training Supervisor with experience working in the ground transportation industry for our Worcester, |
- PA Customer Service Center. This position will report to the General Manager. Safety and Training Supervisors are responsible for selecting and training qualified School Bus Drivers according to state and company guidelines; providing ongoing training and performance evaluations for all Drivers; supervising the safety program of the Customer Service Center, including monthly safety meetings and the accident review committee; proactively recruiting individuals to become School Bus Drivers; and performing Driver Orientation in conjunction with the Operations Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor and General Manager.
Proactively recruiting individuals to become School Bus Drivers
- Instructing selected individuals through the successful completion of training and testing to the level of State Certified School Bus Driver; training School Bus Drivers according to company guidelines and legal requirements
- Providing First Aid, Defensive Driving, Industrial Injury Prevention, and other company sponsored training programs as necessary
- Providing ongoing training and performance evaluations for all School Bus Drivers
- Performing Driver Orientation in conjunction with Operations Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors, Site Supervisors, and/or the General Manager
- Responding to personal injury and vehicle accidents, completing on-scene investigations, and preparing/submitting corresponding reports to the Corporate office
- Investigating customer service complaints relative to safety issues and taking corrective action
- Assisting management in the administration of the Customer Service Center’s entire safety program, including monthly Safety Meetings and the Accident Review Committee
- Administering and maintaining Company Safe Driver Award Program
- Developing and implementing student/customer safety awareness programs
- Documenting and maintaining all training records as required by State and Federal regulations and Company policies
- Providing notices to Drivers of upcoming expiration dates of various documents and ensuring their renewal (physicals, drivers licenses, school bus certificates, and First Aid certificates)
- Obtaining, reviewing, and monitoring Driver Abstracts from state agencies for all Drivers
- Administering and maintaining pre-employment and random drug/alcohol testing program
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college including education/training courses preferred
- 5 or more years of Driver training and/or Driver safety experience preferred; 3 years of student transportation industry experience preferred
- Must complete state certification program or Durham’s Training Academy for School Bus Driver Instructors; equivalent work experience as a Training Manager can be substituted as appropriate
- Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements
- Supervisory experience required; experience supervising/training a driver workforce preferred
- Innovative classroom training skills with working knowledge of adult training techniques
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Compliance with state requirements
- Proven ability to conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- No preventable accidents in the past 12 months
- Acceptable driving performance for the past 12 months
Benefits : Durham School Services offers a full package of benefits and paid time off.
To Apply : Interested, qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter via the online application process below or visit our website at www.durhamschoolservices.com and select the “Join Our Team” Section.
About Us: National Express Corporation (NEC), a nation-wide leader in student transportation, is made up of Stock Transportation in Canada and Durham School Services in the United States. Both Stock and Durham share a strong commitment to provide quality transportation, outstanding customer service, positive employee relations and the highest level of safety.
Key Words : Safety Supervisor, Driver Safety Supervisor, Driver Safety Manager, Training Supervisor, Driver Training Supervisor, Driver Training Manager, Safety, Passenger Safety, Safety Training, Safety Compliance, Safety Meetings, Safety Programs, Safety Evaluations, Safety Records, Training, Training Records, Accident Review Committee, Accident Investigation, CDL, Commercial Driver’s License, Bus, Buses, School Bus, School Buses, Passenger Buses, Student, Students, Pupil, Passenger, Passengers, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT, School, Schools, Public School, Public Schools, NAPT, VersaTrans, Edulog, Zonar
National Express Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Durham School Services - 17 months ago
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...