Welcome to Axiall Corporation, the new industry leader created by the pending merger of Georgia Gulf and the commodity chemicals business of PPG. With enhanced vertical integration and portfolio diversification, Axiall emerges as a Fortune 500-size company with tremendous growth opportunities. Axiall represents a new kind of Chemistry Company; one that responsibly harnesses applied chemistry to solve common problems, improve every-day life and drive human progress.
Plans, directs, and implements organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
· Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
· Prepares studies and analyzes of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
· Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
· Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
· Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
· Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
· Oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
· Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
· Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
· Maintains safety files and records.
· Creates safety procedures and policies as necessary to meet facility, corporate, state, and federal requirements.
· Administers the site Industrial Hygiene program
· Acts as training instructor for safety and health topics as necessary for employees, contractors, and visitors
· Attends training and obtain certifications as required to meet facility needs
· Interacts with all site employees on a routine basis (field presence), setting an example of safety leadership throughout the facility
· Administers and maintains the site contractor safety program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college in safety related field strongly preferred; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and experience with WISHA requirements preferred
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Axiall - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -