Job Summary: The Safety Supervisor is responsible for the entire safety/security function. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring all Company safety policies and procedures are being applied in a fair and consistent manner to maintain a safe, healthy and secure work environment. The position will support the London facility. This position exists to ensure 100% legal compliance with all federal (OSHA), state (KYOSHA) and local laws and regulations relating to the safety/security function.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute a pro-active safety/security strategy to result in zero (0) recordable injuries and eliminate the potential for injuries.
- Execute and maintain an incident reporting program along with investigation procedures (to determine root cause and correction action) in the event of a work-related injury or illness. Conduct follow-up meetings with the employee and physician as necessary.
- Manage workers’ compensation claims and submit the information to care providers. Includes setting-up and maintaining all incident report files.
- Develop, schedule and maintain a new hire safety orientation and training program along with annual safety training program as required by law. Responsible for maintaining all safety training records ensuring 100% compliance.
- Develop and submit routine-to-annual reports including, but not limited to: OSHA 300, 300A and 301 logs and various internal reports regarding the OIR and DART key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain an Emergency Response plan.
- Develop and maintain a behavioral-based safety program to reduce and eliminate workplace injuries.
- Develop and maintain a Safety Committee that meets on a regular basis, holds an agenda and leads to improve the safety culture.
- Manage MSDS program
- Manage the environmental program, which includes, but is not limited to: management of the MSDS program, completion of annual required reporting and monitoring regulatory permits (i.e. Air).
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
- Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Five (5) – Seven (7) years safety/environmental experience in a manufacturing environment; Bakery experience a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills required.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard