RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
1. Responsible for compliance with MSHA regulations including employee training, delivery, and documentation.
• Maintain records in accordance with company/location policy
• Investigate accidents, assist Health and Safety with reports to Workers’ Compensation and monitor Workers’ Compensation claims.
• Assist Health and Safety in the completion and submittal of any company, local, state or federal agency reports.
• Provide the necessary documentation to Regional Safety Manager and Plant Manager to demonstrate personnel training
• Train employees on relevant procedures, practices, and regulations
2. Safety Program
• Participate and lead efforts of Apex’s and Henderson’s Safety Task Force
• Perform routine inspections of site and equipment
• Assist with training, inspection, and safety audits of on-site contractors
• Coordinate safety incentive programs for consistency
• Develop a system to periodically review and audit health and safety programs
• Coordinate safety committee functions and weekly safety meetings
• Perform / Assist in the development of Job Safety Analysis and work with managers to develop safe and compliant work procedures.
3. Assist/Manage the analysis of compliance programs and develop best practices
• Provide front end input for safety and compliance on all capital projects, equipment or process changes
• Ensure compliance and maintenance of company/site Industrial Hygiene program
• Lead or assist accident investigations on all safety incidents and accidents
• Lead and train all employees on World Class Behavior Based Safety Practices and Programs
• Be the lead company representative on MSHA/OSHA inspections
• Knowledgeable of state and federal laws, regulations and agencies (MSHA, OSHA, DOT), the regulatory process, and the procedures for obtaining information.
• Ability to influence change with key personnel at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
• Consistently provide professional, friendly assistance to executives, customers, consultants, contractors, and fellow co-workers at all times.
• Strong organizational skills required for thorough follow through of multiple projects involving an extensive network of departments and people.
• Must be capable of working overtime, weekends or holidays, if needed.
• Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as exposure to industrial high temperature, noise and dust.
• Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
• Computer skills including MS Office, SAP, Lotus Notes, etc. is a must
• Strong written and verbal communications skills are required.
Operating Skills ( Planning, Priority Setting, Informing, Process Management)
Organizational Positioning Skills (Organizational Agility, Presentation Skills)
Personal & Interpersonal Skills (Approachability, Interpersonal Savvy, Customer Focus, Ethics & Values, Integrity & Trust, Composure, Listening Skills)
Lhoist North America - 22 months ago