Premier Student Transportation Company located in the Chicago suburbs is seeking a Safety Supervisor
- Assist the Safety Manager in the development and implementation of corporate safety programs and procedures as well as with the operating functions of the Safety Department; Support the Operation Managers in adhering to DOT, FMCSR, OSHA, safety regulations and other contractual requirements, to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the position functions personally or by supervision of others.
- Support company’s vision and mission in all activities.
- Represent the company and conduct all activities in a professional, business-like manner.
- Comply with all Company employment policies and safety and substance abuse prevention policies.
- Respond to and investigate accidents/incidents; document all required information, and process all necessary reports and paperwork.
- Assist the Safety Manager with the operating functions of the Safety Department.
- Ensure employee safety compliance.
- Investigate unsafe driving complaints.
- Conduct & document post-accident interviews.
- Oversee drug & alcohol screening programs to assure compliance with required drug & alcohol testing.
- Maintain screening database & serve as liaison with third party tester.
- Prepare & submit all substance reports in accordance with DOT and contractual requirements.
- Maintain employee records
- Maintain strong working relationship with police departments, township authorities and county emergency departments including reporting hazardous road conditions and incidents of vandalism.
- Conduct safety audits.
- Conduct safety meetings.
- Serve on regular rotation for on-call response program for “after hours” and weekend safety incidents and the “after hours” safety program.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
Position Requirements include:
- Excellent verbal communication and customer relations skills
- High school education or post high school degree in safety or related field
- 3 years experience in safety related field preferred
- Transportation experience preferred
- Experience in accident/incident investigation
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Computer literacy, spreadsheets and letter writing skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Ability to handle & maintain confidential information
- Valid CDL license or willingness to obtain one
- Excellent motor vehicle record
Indeed - 10 months ago