The Safety Supervisor is responsible for organizing, planning and implementing all safety programs to comply with Kroger, local, state and federal regulations. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use high degree of concentration and thorough knowledge of OSHA standards and Safety Key Element Process and Behavior Accident Prevention Process to direct the development, administration, coordination, and training of Kroger safety policies and programs.
- Coordinate all OSHA required compliance and training activities.
- Obtain instructor certification status for CPR, material handling equipment, OSHA instructor, etc.
- Accurately complete and maintain all required documentation to assure compliance with Company and Government regulations using a variety of software applications.
- Maintain accurate documents for the administration of the EPA compliance program including Risk Management Program, and Waste Water Compliance
- Appropriately serve as a Company spokesperson and liaison with local government, state officials and area media on matters concerning safety
- Attend Company Safety meetings and safety continuing education classes
- Visually inspect plant on regular basis to ensure compliance
- Facilitate the Physical Safety Team
- Assist in the administration of Worker’s Compensation claims
- Direct line/area activities to assure programs, policies and practices are followed to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 System
- Periodically oversee the daily activities of operation line
- Participate in Process Improvement Team
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through ordinarily acquired through high school
- Ability to work flexible work schedule is required.
- Some overnight travel will be required
- Thorough knowledge of department operations and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in math
- Ability to write brief reports and log documentation
Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 14 months ago