One of America’s premier heavy civil contractors, The Lane Construction Corporation is the preferred partner to connect and improve the communities and world in which we live. Founded by railroad engineer John S. Lane in 1890, Lane constructs quality highways, bridges, locks, dams, racetracks, and mass transit and airport systems in 20 states. Lane and its 11 affiliates also produce bituminous and precast concrete, and mines aggregates at 70 plants and 11 quarries from Maine to Florida to Texas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in administering, directing and managing compliance with the safety program and lead accident prevention efforts to ensure company and project safety goals are met.
- Conduct work area assessments.
- Develop and facilitate appropriate training programs.
- Develop, organize and implement safety related programs that meet company safety standards.
- Perform and document jobsite inspections and audits with a focus on hazard recognition and unsafe behaviors.
- Coordinate and conduct safety meetings/training programs to ensure effective communication amongst employees.
- Participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Ensure safety completion by reviewing the job hazard analysis for major phases of our work.
- Keep in contact with corporate insurance department to ensure proper documentation has been prepared and maintained on asset loss and workers compensation claims.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Construction Safety Orders, MUTCD standards, fail protection, OSHA, MSHA, and other state and federal agency guidelines.
- The ability to make independent judgments concerning the general safety of workers.
- Team player with a professional image, capable of handling highly confidential information.
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that may require long hours, including nights and weekends.
- Be able to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Carry out the job duties and responsibilities while maintaining Lane Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a construction related safety environment.
Lane offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Principals only please.
LANE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lane Construction Corporation - 19 months ago