- Requisition #: 073341284
- Job Category: Sales
- Operation: Chesapeake Business Development
- Job Group: SIP Supervisor
- Job Grade: 210
- Job Code: s135
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: LAUREL, MD 20707 - Burtonsville (Laurel area)
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving his/her assigned sales plan by generating profitable UPS Small Package revenue growth through the development of new business and the retention of existing business within his/her territory. This position analyzes customers’ current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions and promptly respond to customers’ requests.
The primary focus of this position is to conduct face-to-face customer sales calls. The Account Executive travels to customer sites to hold meetings and gather information. This individual analyzes customer billing technology and proposes technology solutions. The Account Executive builds relationships with key stakeholders, and generates revenue opportunities across all product and service lines. Pre-sale duties include preparing action plans and customized presentations, and performing pre-call research and analysis. Post-sale duties include ensuring smooth implementation and account setup, and training customers on UPS technology solutions, billing analysis tools, and packaging techniques. The Account Executive also responds to internal and external customer concerns or problems, determines corrective actions, and/or assigns response personnel.
- Maintain and grow a book of business (e.g., ground, air, international, freight)
- Introduce new products and services and expand business opportunities within customer accounts
- Track sales performance to objectives
- Monitor account statistics and respond to internal sales leads to identify opportunities and create sales strategies
- Research resources and account history
- Qualify leads
- Submit pricing requests and analyze price quotes
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), generate standard and customized reports and queries, access appropriate databases, and interpret and clarify data
- Applies business and industry knowledge and understands how key factors impact business strategies and customer organizations in areas such as industry trends, global business perspectives, and organizational structures and functions
- Applies financial expertise by analyzing and evaluating financial data, patterns and trends to determine the financial impact of a decision on the customer and the company.
- Applies knowledge of customer business models and operating structures and offers logistic sales solutions that support the customer’s strategic business objectives
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions
- Applies supply chain and logistics knowledge of the flow of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products
- Applies knowledge of core business and of freight structure and operations to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives
- Assesses and identifies business needs and conducts customer analysis to determine customer requirements and constraints, determine the impact of products/services on customers, and identify which products, services and features to promote to current/potential customers
- Builds business partnerships and develops key customer relationships to maximize account profitability. Understands the customer’s business and aligns account strategies to customer goals
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
- Creates and develops strategies and plans for effectively managing accounts
- Negotiates with others by identifying desired outcomes, organizational priorities, and appropriate strategies and concessions. Asks pertinent questions, considers alternatives, persuades others, and bargains for win-win solutions
- Solicits information using information gathering techniques such as asking open and closed-ended questions, probing for details, and interviewing others to obtain additional information
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Must have Business to Business or Business to Consumer sales experience or UPS experience.
- If required, must be willing to travel.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft office products or equivalent is preferred.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...