As part of the sales team, this Sales Support Specialist will support revenue growth by working in conjunction with several sales representatives on specific territory strategies and activities.
The high level of activity requires the individual to balance a range of responsibilities including lead qualification, assigned software renewals along with a range of territory and account support activities.
This non-quota carrying role is integrated fully into The MathWorks team selling model and complements the direct selling activities of the sales representatives by providing value added activities that support day-to-day as well as strategic objectives of the sales team
• Timely follow up and thorough qualification of marketing and sales leads.
• Experience handling large, complex quotations, along with sales reporting and analysis
• Assign the qualified opportunities to sales reps with applicable information captured during the qualifying call.
• Support prospecting initiatives and campaigns for territories assigned to support.
• Manage to closure the assigned annual maintenance renewal contacts/accounts.
• Manage designated opportunities from lead to close, including order processing, approved by sales management.
• Prepare quotations for transactional add-on sales to existing customers.
• Respond to inbound sales related inquiries.
• Contribute to and support the territory plan in conjunction with the sales representatives
• Participate in funnel meetings, as appropriate, as well as planning and delivery of sections of the annual territory and account plans.
• Provide support for open territory funnel coverage, as directed by Sales Manager
Qualifications Required / Preferred
• Bachelors degree required
• General awareness and understanding of the function of a sales representative.
• 3+ years sales/sales support, lead management, or telemarketing experience; customer service experience considered
• Experience working in a goal-oriented environment.
• Familiarity with software licensing and policies and generating customer quotations is desired.
• Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Customer satisfaction focus.
• Strong listening, probing, and phone skills.
• Strong written skills.
• Thoroughly familiar with the use of spreadsheets, word processors, and the web.
• Ability to work well both autonomously and within a team environment.
• General understanding of the function of knowledge of CRM application (ex.: Siebel, Goldmine, SAP etc.)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2500 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
If you haven't heard of MATLAB, chances are you aren't a scientist or engineer. The MathWorks provides technical computing...