POSITION: Catering Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Food & Beverage Director
FLSA STATUS: Salaried / Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Catering Sales Manager at the Wilmington Convention Center. The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for generating business, planning for food and beverage needs, and coordination of event details, at the Wilmington Convention Center (WCC). These events may include private and public functions, weddings, corporate meetings, parties, and other social events.
• Develop new business and generate revenue along with maintaining cost effective measures to support profit margins for the WCC.
• Negotiate and book new and repeat business by doing sales calls, facility tours, telemarketing, mailings, networking, phone coverage, attending trade shows, etc.
• Coordinate groups and events throughout the WCC, ensuring date availability, times, catering needs, audiovisual and other special needs of the guests.
• Produce all preliminary and binding paperwork for clients and ensure that upon acceptance by client, contracts & BEO’s are signed and returned with deposit. Responsible for additional charges by completing the Job Work Order to include client’s signature maintaining all accounting department guidelines.
• Provide excellent personal service to our internal and external guests.
• Maintain open lines of communications with updates / changes of information with Event Services, Food & Beverage, and WCC operations relating to type of service, food preparation details, or other items as needed.
• Work with event and/or banquet manager to “hand off” room sets and event details for various events.
• Maintain and update all data and information into the SMG Booking computerized reservation system and contract file system.
• Develop updates and distribute all Banquet Event Orders to staff three (3) weeks prior to event. Distribute final BEO’s and other applicable back up to accounting following each event.
• Update and maintain file information for repeat events with total Food & Beverage revenues and client relations.
• Other projects as assigned by General Manager and Director of Food & Beverage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two year related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A general understanding of the meetings, hospitality and Food & Beverage industry.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and planning skills.
• Maintains good hygiene and neat professional appearance.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of spreadsheet, Microsoft applications, and the ability to learn new programs as needed.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
• Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
• Needs to be an independent self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Working inside and out of the WCC a needed.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee must be able to drive a car / vehicle for off-site sales calls and/or meetings.
• Valid North Carolina Driver’s License required
• Some travel may be required
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for
consideration and may be sent to:
Wilmington Convention Center
10 Convention Center
Wilmington, NC 28461
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer / M / W / D / V
SMG World - 19 months ago