About the Organization:
Playworks is a national nonprofit organization that improves school climate, reduces bullying and increases student engagement in school through play and physical activity. Through both our training programs and our on-site direct service, Playworks teaches children to resolve their own conflicts that arise at recess and carry over to the classroom, restoring valuable teaching and learning time. We help transform recess into a safe, fun and inclusive time that gets students active and engaged so they can return to the classroom focused and ready to learn. For more information, please visit www.playworks.org .
About the Position :
The Sales & Marketing Assistant will be responsible for soft outreach for the Playworks Training department which offers professional development workshops to the education market and youth based organizations. This position will be responsible for collaborating with the marketing department and sales teams in 2 regions to qualify leads and pass along to the appropriate account manager. This is a temporary (May through August), non-exempt position reporting to the Marketing Manager and is located in Oakland, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Focus on nurturing warm leads in two regions
- Hand-off of leads who are ready to contract to the point Account Manager
- Help test and refine the process of qualifying leads
- Design and utilize Salesforce email templates for outreach to specific customer groups
- Assist with regional marketing campaigns sales and marketing support role
- Experience cold calling and implementing strategy for new business development
- Persistent about follow up and keeping documentation on steps taken/phone calls made(dates/times), etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; great presentation skills with the ability interact with all levels of employees and members
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage details
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results; proficiency in Google Apps and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change
Compensation and Benefits:
- $19.25 per hour full-time from May through August
- This position is not eligible for benefits
Playworks - 6 months ago
Playworks is the only nonprofit organization in the country to send trained, full-time coaches to low-income, urban schools, where they...