The Sales & Marketing Associate within our small company plays a critical role, providing for the timely, efficient and high quality support of operations over a broad range of areas. The focus of support is related to:
- Order Entry and Confirmation
- Order Follow-up
- Quotation and Follow-up
- Customer Service
- Purchases from 3rd Party Vendors
- Assist with Marketing, Lead Generation and Sales Growth
Some of the core job functions would include:
- Sales order entry and order confirmations
- Handling of incoming phone calls and emails
- Preparing and sending of product quotations
- Assistance with marketing material development and distribution
- Assistance with marketing campaigns
- Website and catalog updates
- Development of product literature
There is also potential for the job duties to include:
- Other small-business related tasks
Preference will be made for employees who are most flexible and are able to perform a wide range of tasks very well.
A qualified individual will have the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience and comfort speaking with scientific customers over the phone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience corresponding accurately via email
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Capable of performing computer data entry with a very high-level of accuracy
- Ability to learn and perform a variety tasks
- Ability to follow written or verbal procedures repeatedly and dependably
- Ability to work effectively and safely with minimal supervision
- Can work well with others and contribute positively to the team morale
- Must be an excellent proactive communicator
- Must be proactive and efficient in work practices
- Must maintain a clean neat and orderly workplace
- Demonstrated high level abilities with MS Word and MS Excel
- Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator skills
Additional desired skills are:
- QuickBooks Experience a plus
- B2B Sales Experience a plus
- HTML editing experience a plus
The SALES & MARKETING ASSOCIATE must be highly self-motivated, and organized. They should have a strong desire to develop new skills and to grow professionally. They must be able to work closely and openly with others in the office area.
As a small technology start-up company, we provide opportunities for skill development and professional growth beyond the core job function for motivated and capable individuals. Scope and hours of the position could be expanded for more qualified individuals.
Desirable additional skills include (not required):
Strong preference given to applicants with additional aptitude, skills and demonstrated experience in any one or more of these areas:
- 5S and LEAN manufacturing
- E-mail and web marketing
- MS PowerPoint experience
Typically little to no travel would be expected, however occasional travel for special training, or to visit a key vendor or customer could be required. Expected travel with this role is less than 2% (one week) per year.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates Degree is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
The Sales & Marketing Associate must be able to efficiently and accurately perform repetitive tasks at a computer workstation. They must also be able to efficiently perform general office tasks such as working at a computer and telephone, filing, etc.
The Sales & Marketing Associate must have VERY solid math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, applying standard order of operations with whole numbers, decimals and common fractions. They must be able to perform unit of measure conversions accurately, and perform mathematical calculations quickly both in MS Excel and by hand.
Intelligence and Reasoning Abilities:
The Sales & Marketing Associate must demonstrate sound decision making related to work processes, priorities, safety, data quality concerns, and customer interactions. They must possess discernment and tact in handling internal and external situations. They must be able appropriately discern the importance of various issues or indications and respond accordingly. They must be able to access situations and propose possible alternative solutions to management.
All personnel at MiTeGen are required to contribute positively to the motivation, efficiency and enjoyable atmosphere of the workplace. They must comply with company policies and directives of management with a positive win-win attitude. They must perform well under stress and remain objective and supportive of the company and of teammates. They must respond positively to management direction and proactively work to improve interpersonal relationships and the work environment.
The Sales & Marketing Associate must be able to communicate very effectively and efficiently in English, both verbally in person and over the phone, and in written form. They must demonstrate the ability to write, read, and accurately interpret instructions, policies, and procedures as required. They must be able to convert verbal discussion into accurate and professional written procedures, policies, or other document types. They must be able to speak in a professional manner to colleagues, customers, and vendors as required either individually or in small groups. They must be able to articulate complex ideas and concepts related to bookkeeping concerns or other relevant matters. They should demonstrate the ability to inspire and encourage colleagues in a positive manner.
The Sales & Marketing Associate will work in and contribute to maintaining a clean, orderly, safe and positive working atmosphere. Typical office-like conditions apply throughout the facility. All work is to be done on site at Mitegen.
No relocation reimbursement included with this position
No visa sponsorship included with this position
Vacation, Holiday and other benefits as described in the MiTeGen Employee manual and other company documents.
It is the policy of Mitegen to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.