Location: Silicon Valley, Seattle, Los Angeles, and New York
Cogniance, a fast-growing Silicon Valley-based professional services software consultancy, is changing the way early-stage companies around the world turn great ideas into successful products. We act as “intelligence multiplier” to venture-funded software companies and innovation labs by putting together high-caliber teams capable of handling complex user experience, design, and technical challenges inherent in new product development. Since its founding in 2008 Cogniance has been a key driver of success of its many clients who have gone on to secure additional funding, get acquired, or go public through an IPO.
We’re looking for a hard driving, execution oriented Sales Manager, experienced with the newest software technology domains, specifically Mobile, Software-as-a-Service (Saas), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Cloud, to scale the multi-million dollar sales machine at Cogniance. You have experience in technology services and feel passionate about introducing the Cogniance model to companies in your territory, enlightening them about the many ways in which the Cogniance model is superior to the traditional costly, slow, and high-risk approach most startups still take. You are an up-to-date technology enthusiast that can hit it off with startup founders, Venture Capitalists, and C-level decision makers. You are knowledgeable about software industry, trends, competitors, and client strategies. You have the skills and inspiration to both close deals immediately, and build the lasting foundation of a winning global sales organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience selling high-tech consulting services, ideally consulting background
- Proven ability to close deals and deliver top-line $$ results (we will ask you to document this)
- Experience with Mobile, SaaS, PaaS, and GaaS platforms and technologies
- Experience working with/within technology startups, including exposure to company founders, Venture Capitalists, funding processes, and other players in the startup ecosystem
- Demonstrated discipline and cadence in managing sales process and quota objectives
- CRM experience
- Account management experience, including key account planning, account mining, and managing client relationships
- Highly organized with very effective time management skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to guide others through complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, equally strong listening skills
- Disarming, with high degree of empathy to the client’s needs
- International expertise and perspective
- Team player
- Drive a long-term Sales Plan, as well as quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the Plan
- Own the sales funnel, ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become deals and repeat customers
- Spend significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, speaking engagements, business networking, or social outings
- Identify specific sales opportunities within existing and prospective clients. Work with client and Cogniance teams to determine requirements and/or specifications, build client value proposition and shape the deal
- Engage in activities focused on generating client awareness of Cogniance and/or demand for its services.
- Lead sales process; form and lead the opportunity through the sales funnel, performing constant re-qualification of the opportunity while assuring adequate financial control of the spending.
- Establish and maintain qualified sales pipeline
- Competitive base salary
- Commissions and bonuses based on the achievement of the sales targets
- Profit share and benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org matching the title of the opening in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Cogniance - 24 months ago
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports,...