Develop long-term customer relationships with assigned accounts such as contractors, consulting engineers or owners. Position Automated Logic Corporation as the preferred supplier of building automation products within their assigned accounts to get "last look" with contractors, "default spec" with consulting engineers, and "trusted advisor" status with account owners. Ensure customer retention of assigned accounts.
Partner with other sales engineers to maximize profit generation from accounts through influence on specifications (owners, consulting engineers) and market pricing (contractors). Utilize Branch Operations’ sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business penetration at existing accounts. Achieve quarterly quotas and annual sales plans.
• Build partnering relationships with assigned accounts to drive the penetration of ALC
offering. Maintain frequent face-to-face contact with decision makers. Actively listen,
probe and identify concerns. Understand the customer's business and speaks their
language. Develop credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment.
• With assigned contractors, perform take-offs and bid the all projects with the full
spectrum of ALC offerings. With assigned consulting engineers, drive specifications
towards all ALC offerings. With assigned owner accounts, drive a preference for
Automated Logic offerings.
• Demonstrate technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal
to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position
• Qualify and assess potential customers. Team with other Sales Engineers on individual
projects based on account assignments. Honor credit split guidelines and refer leads to
other business segments.
• Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (CRM, estimating software, etc.) to plan and
document progress as well as increase business opportunity within accounts. Manage a
high level of activity of the pipeline in Salesforce.com with a focus on sales phase, close
date, and probability of close as well as other pertinent information.
• Solicit support from and communicate effectively with internal staff to ensure customer
satisfaction. Develop relationships with other Sales Engineers and Project Engineers to
deliver quality results.
• Act as the customer's advocate in interactions with Automated Logic to ensure the
customer obtains the best value from our offerings. Participates in final project
walkthrough with the project manager.
• Keep management informed of progress and account status.
• Attend and present at trade shows. Participate in professional organizations.
• Represent ALC as a leader in local industry associations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and nontechnical
Knowledgeable in DDC control theory and HVAC systems.
Committed to integrity in business.
Excellent writing, communication & presentation skills.
Possess valid TX state motor vehicle license and safe driving record.
Experience with Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 and Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related discipline is required.
A minimum of three years of building automation or HVAC controls sales experience.
PE license and/or LEED AP is preferred
Automated Logic Corporation - 11 months ago