The Sales Account Manager has the general responsibility for maintaining and expanding relationships with large national account customers in the functional foods market. This individual will have the responsibility for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The Sales Account Manager will represent the dairy ingredients product sales, while ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met by Milk Specialties.
1. Promote, sell and secure new business, including new accounts as well as upgrading established accounts.
2. Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned or new customer accounts.
3. Develop objectives and strategies for each account, developing full market potential. Familiarize established accounts with new products or services and developments.
4. Meet or exceed annual sales objectives and achieve specific goals.
5. Present Milk Specialties products, services and people as leaders in the industry.
6. Coordinate and communicate all matters and activity pertaining to assigned accounts and prospects.
7. Coordinate support, presentation and promotional materials as appropriate for accounts to facilitate product sales.
8. Keep abreast of technical information on products and their application.
9. Coordinate technical information and service to accounts in cooperation with the Research and Development Department.
10. Keep abreast of competitive products and their applications, activities and industry directions.
11. Communicate the resolution, to customer satisfaction, of all product and service complaints from assigned accounts.
12. Manage travel and business expenditures appropriately for optimum cost effectiveness.
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Marketing or business related field or Food Science or related area.
- 3-5 years previous sales experience, preferably in the Nutritional Ingredients Industry.
- Experience in managing national account customers. Fortune 500 Food Company experience is preferred.
- Experience in Milk Proteins preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in achieving sales, profitability, and budget goals.
- Strong working knowledge of PC’s.
- Requires extensive travel of at least 50-75% of the time.
Milk Specialties Company (or MSC for short) is not some miscellaneous company if you're are an animal. It manufactures animal feed and...