Department Description |
WELCOME TO DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL® Diamond Resorts International® is a worldwide leader in hospitality and vacation ownership. We are committed to providing every member, owner and guest with the hassle-free, relaxing, memorable vacation holiday experience they deserve. We aim to consistently exceed expectations with high quality resorts and industry-leading hospitality. DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL® Diamond Resorts International®, with its network of more than 300 vacation destinations located in 33 countries throughout the continental United States, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa provides guests with choices and flexibility as they design their dream vacation, whether theyre traveling an hour away or around the world. Our hassle-free, relaxing vacations give guests a truly memorable experience every time, for a lifetime. ABOUT DIAMOND RESORTS CORPORATION Diamond Resorts Corporation and its subsidiaries own, operate and manage vacation ownership resorts and, through resort and partner affiliation agreements, provide members and owners with access to 89 managed resorts, 163 affiliated resorts, 48 affiliated hotels and four cruise itineraries through THE Club® at Diamond Resorts International®. To learn more, visit DiamondResorts.com.
The Vacation Counselor is responsible for the direct sales of Diamond Resorts International® vacation ownership products in a professional and ethical manner. The primary duties of the Vacation Counselor are to discover the prospective purchasers needs & interests and eventually create an interest in buying the Diamond Resorts International® product through a structured sales presentation. The Vacation Counselor will advise existing and prospective clients on how using the DRI product can provide added value to their lives, and is prepared to address any questions or concerns, while providing top quality customer service through the delivery of the Meaning of Yes®.
A more detailed job description is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
- Sell vacation ownership packages in a professional and ethical manner.
- Follow up with owners and THE Club® members after the sale based on established policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional relationship with owners and Club members to develop trust and commitment.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with owners and Club members to encourage participation in the DRI owner referral program.
- Attend all required sales meetings and training.
- Work within established pricing and FDI costs.
- Accountable for meeting acceptable tour-to-sale ratio.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with the Company DRIven to Excellence standards.
- Consistently practice the Meaning of Yes® and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Operate general office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years previous sales experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years of customer service experience.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Previous vacation ownership or timeshare sales experience.
- Effective telephone skills.
- Ability to conduct oneself on a professional and unbiased manner at all times.
- Must be able to clearly explain the product and sales contract.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Detail oriented.
Diamond Resorts International® offers:
- Excellent earning potential.
- Excellent benefits program including company matching 401(k).
- Eligibility for our tuition reimbursement program.
- Resort Privilege Program (eligility for travel discounts).
- Industry leading training program.
- Fun working environment.
- Unlimited real growth opportunities.
Diamond Resorts International - 19 months ago