The General is a successful and growing carrier of non-standard automobile insurance for over 50 years. We are currently looking for qualified Sales Agents to work in one of our three sales call centers. If you are a licensed Sales Agent who is a proven closer, we would love to hear from you! We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
The General offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
This position is primarily responsible for quoting and selling insurance policies for incoming telephone sales inquiries while providing excellent customer service to new and existing customers. Our Sales Agents are paid a base rate as well as a commission, so the more you sell, the more successful you will be! Other essential job responsibilities include:
- Explaining coverage and payment options to the customer.
- Verifying accuracy of information provided by running reports regarding insurance and driving history.
- Completing sale and collecting premium payments.
- When appropriate, directing customers to a local closing center to finalize application and make a payment on the policy.
- Attending sales meetings, seminars or educational activities to stay current with market trends, regulations and to maintain state licensing.
- High school diploma or equivalent. - Minimum six months to one year of automobile insurance sales is preferred. Other insurance or retail sales experience will be considered. - Property and Casualty license is required. Applicants who do not have a current P&C license will be considered, but will be required to obtain their license if offered the position. - Must be a highly motivated individual with a strong desire for success. - Exceptional communication and customer service skills are required. - Bilingual, English/Spanish is a plus!
Permanent General Assurance Corp. - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -