To serve as the “chief of staff” for the Division Senior Vice President. To link the Headquarters Functional Departments (Business Analytics and Performance (BAP), Regional Marketing, Finance, and Demand) with the Division Field Sales team on process standardization, planning, analysis, identifying best practices, and facilitating search and spin
Consults with leadership and Division Finance team and has impact on Sales ranging by monitoring, tracking, analyzing, and troubleshooting on sales activity for Division.
Complexity of Role
Complexity is high (territory/account, products/services, sales or account management process) as stakeholders are across functions and include 3 rd parties.
Plans own territory or account approach and manages own resources within Diageo standards.
Anticipates & identifies opportunities or issues that potentially could add value or prevent the business from meeting/exceeding or under delivering against sales objectives.
Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from and aligns priorities with senior management.
To operate the division sales organization on a day-to-day basis and to serve as the “Chief of Staff” to the GM and VP.
1. To strategize, develop, analyze, and review with key stakeholders (GM/VP, Central BAP, and Finance); package and communicate overall sales performance to HQ and Division leadership.
2. To review, validate, and link functional information received from Central BAP, Marketing, Finance, and Operations and disseminate to the Division Field Sales Teams.
3. To standardize and streamline practices, tools, resources, and communications within Field Sales Team.
4. To facilitate growth within the Division by assisting GM and Field Sales Team by investigating business opportunities and/or troubleshooting within Division boundaries and /or with customers.
5. To mentor new hires in the Division Team; to develop, deliver, and maintain process to ensure continued induction or recruits into Diageo and the Division.
6. Potential to partner with Transformational Priority Director as an ambassador for embedding Diageo Way of Selling (DWS) within Division.
· CCollege degree or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred
· Minimum 3 to 5 years commercial analytics required, preferably in Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category
· Proven selling experience, including thorough understanding of retail and distributor dynamics
· Analysis of market and competitive data and application of insights to drive sales
Proven success building relationships with customers to successfully influence and negotiate in complex situations.
Keys to Success in Role:
· Good communication skills – ability to articulate point of view across levels and functions
· Comfortable with constructive challenge and build process with senior leadership
· Resourceful and proactive – can take the initiative to be the Division lead when possible
· High standards of accuracy
Enjoy making sense of grey areas
Diageo - 17 months ago
Diageo's company parties must be the talk of the town. It is the leading premium spirits business in the world by volume, net sales,...