Are you a person who excels naturally in sales & marketing, but also has a passion for detailed research information with a strong attention to detail? If so, The E.W. Scripps Company has a position for you!
This position is responsible for utilizing research data and analysis of current and future sales markets to synthesize critical information and identifying business opportunities that support the achievement of short and long term business objectives. This position requires an individual to develop insights, draw inferences and summarize analyses to develop presentations for both internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who possesses creative and tenacious analytical skills, as well as exceptional organizational and communication skills. He/she must be able to handle multiple simultaneous project tasks while working to deadlines and interacting effectively across many levels of management.
This position reports to the Managing Director, National Sales.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Lead in analyzing data on industry trends, competitors, customers, regulatory changes, technology changes, and other relevant external events.
- Be the subject matter expert and perform systematic analysis of market data to provide actionable recommendations to the Managing Director and Advertising Directors at the local property level.
- Use all secondary sales analyst tools available to the company, understand their applications and limitations, and be able to effectively apply these data resources to new projects.
- Conduct strategic fit and business opportunity analysis on available research data, in order to recommend potential opportunities both in identified and new markets.
- Develop insights and conclusions from the above analyses, creating weekly presentations for both internal and external customers.
- Monitor the flow of information in/out of the National Sales office and ensure the appropriate individuals are kept informed of significant matters requiring attention.
- 2-5 years sales analyst experience of expanding and diverse responsibility
- Bachelor's degree or combination of equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Sales Force and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience in the media industry strongly preferred
Interested candidates should apply online at the Scripps Career Center ( www.scripps.com/job_search ) and search for Requisition 5789.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Proven ability to summarize, critically evaluate, draw inferences and conclusions to develop recommendations from diverse, unstructured and often incomplete information in an efficient, concise, and logical manner
E. W. Scripps Company - 20 months ago