External Job Description : *§ Reporting to the Director of Distribution Analytics, the Sales Analyst is responsible for "Insights that lead to Action" via the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales related data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales productivity. He/She must collect sales data and evaluate performance relative to sales goals and industry benchmarks while taking into consideration current economic conditions. The development and tracking of key productivity drivers will be critical to enhance the understanding of the business and to improve communications and subsequent decision making. The ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, with strong leadership, trouble shooting, and analytic skills.
§ The Sales Analyst will create both standard and custom reports for Senior Sales and Marketing leaders, as well as other external and internal parties. The Sales Analyst will be responsible for conducting analysis of agents, divisions, and territories, as well as develop standardized tools, methodologies, and business processes aimed at improving information access, communication, and operational efficiency.
Role & Responsibilities
- Partner with assigned Sales leaders on key business decisions and methods to increase sales productivity and sales performance; consider market conditions, industry best practices, and "people, processes, and technology".
- Make thorough, well-researched decisions that are compatible with overall goals and priorities; determine significance of all pros and cons and the likelihood of success; contingencies are identified and preplanned.
- Analyze results, develop hypothesis, and set up reports to contain output valued by senior leaders / other customers - focused conclusions, hypotheses/ideas, and guidance in terminology that they can understand and utilize.
- Provide customized reporting and recommendations in support of ongoing business decisions or initiatives. Utilize ROI, trending, forecasting, regression, and risk identification and mitigation tools as appropriate.
- Gain a clear understanding of the retail agent sales process for Agent generated business vs Leads generated business by working with and interviewing retail field agents and GAs.
- Assist management in developing and reviewing the sales forecasts, including sales to budget and sales to prior year variance analysis with drivers of variances identified.
- Guide sales people (GAs, Divisions, Sales Leaders) through the Business planning process, including developing reports that facilitate collaborative discussions.
- Be the subject matter expert on production reporting and analysis on key projects, as assigned. Contribute significantly to secondary projects and "deep dive analyses" on an as needed basis.
- Work with IT and other partners to automate repeatable processes. Ensure current and future data and software needs are met to provide accurate and timely decision support to the business.
- College degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years work experience in related field
- A team player who values organizational success and enjoys finding the right answer in a collaborative process, open to debate, and comfortable in active discussion
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all organizational levels
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and hard working
- Ability to pull data from multiple sources, validate data accuracy, organize data, and create reports from various sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey complex information to a broad audiences with differing needs
- Proven analytical skills (Six Sigma or comparable), utilizing Microsoft Excel, Business Objects, Minitab, SAS, or comparable analytics software tools
- Experience defining, implementing, and supporting business processes. Must regard all activities as processes that can be continuously improved
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects' critical path towards business deliverables, under tight deadlines. Ability to co-ordinate and manage simultaneous data requests of varying size and scope
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 21 months ago
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....